Adopt a Zoo animal and become a partner in Zoo programs that help animals at home and abroad. Your adoption lasts for a year, and every adoption package arrives with a personalized adoption certificate. Higher-level adoptions bring even more surprises. Give one as a gift or keep the adoption all to yourself!
- Shared Care ($30) - receive a personalized adoption certificate, zookeeper notes about the animal, a color photo of the adopted animal.
- Parent Plus ($60) - all of the above, plus an Adopt-An-Animal magnet. (We are currently out of magnets, but will replace the magnet with a zoo animal button)
- Grandparent Care ($100) - all of the above, plus a cuddly plush of the adopted animal.
- Ambassador Care ($500) - all of the above, NC Zoo tote bag, and recognition on our Adoption Honor Roll.
- Rare Care ($1,000) - all of the above, plus recognition in the NC Zoo Society's Annual Report, a behind-the-scenes tour for four (tour dates depend on zookeeper availability, and minimum age restrictions may apply).
Please note that these benefits may change based on the availability of listed items. If items are not available, Zoo Society staff will replace them with similar items of equal or greater value.